|ABOUT THE COMPANY:
||The company is one of the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. They are on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Their offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where the teams are dedicated to their small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. They are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech’s in the UK.
They are scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Their values show their commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Being members first, they are passionate about their members and put them first. They are data-driven. They make decisions and create insights using data.
||SDE 2/3 /Senior Java Backend Engineer
- As a senior Java Engineer, you will be working on new and existing projects for our Payments area. We have a long roadmap ahead of us, with exciting new features and you’ll be solving interesting problems while collaborating with the rest of the team to achieve our mission to save small and medium businesses time and money.
- With our expanding business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire.
- This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference by taking ownership of engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
- Working on early engineering phases to lay the groundwork for your team(s) in the Payments area.
- Leading backend engineers across multiple agile teams splitting your time between design, coding and coaching other team members. You will be the person people turn to seeking advice and solutions to difficult problems.
- Joining one or more multidisciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Making key contributions to our backend community of practices. Your input on how to improve processes and maintain a high quality across the backend will be very welcomed. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you!
- Have extensive experience (4+ years) building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer).
- Have a sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Have experience with microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Have experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- Demonstrate a mindset of delivering secure, well-tested and well-documented software.
- Are willing to own your code and your team’s processes from development to production.
- Have exposure to complex solutions in payments-related industries.
- Have experience integrating to third parties.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Have experience with relational databases.
- Are comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment.